vrijdag 28 januari 2011

I made a new cardigan!

I finally finished my latest sewing project, which consisted of making a warm cardigan. The design wasn't all that difficult, but getting the pattern on the fabric correspond with the sleeves and everything wasn't as easy as I had hoped. Fortunately I'm taking sewing classes, so my teacher was able to help me out there. I must say I'm quite happy with the result - the cardigan is extremely warm, comfortable to wear, it has a special crinkle at the back which accentuates the waist (not well visible in the picture unfortunately) and I love the grey color that gradually fades into black. There are a few negative points as well, which I guess was to be expected from a relative newbie: the sleeves are a bit too wide (the other girls at sewing class thought they would be too small for me and advised me to make them bigger, so I adapted them...it turned out to be wrong :( ) and at some places the ribbon that I used to finish the edges of the garment has started to fray, which I should have prevented. A good lesson for next time!


2 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow that looks so good!! Wish I was able to sew like that <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you! :) It's not that hard really...it was a very simple pattern. Maybe you should take lessons too? It's a lot of fun!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen